Stats you need for 2020
As you kick off your marketing in the new year, these are the 2019 Facebook Stats you can’t afford to miss!
1. With 2.45 billion monthly active users as of the third quarter of 2019, an 8% increase year-over-year, Facebook is the biggest social network worldwide.
Simply put, Facebook is too big to ignore as an on-going part of your marketing strategy.
2. 1.62 billion people on average log onto Facebook daily and are considered daily active users, a 9% increase year-over-year. 66% of Facebook users log in daily and that percentage is growing. Ask yourself…Are you engaging with your audience on the platform they visit every day?
3. Facebook engagement is 18% higher on Thursdays and Fridays. Use this information to determine when to post organically and when to launch paid ads in order to optimize your social media marketing efforts.
4. At 19%, the largest demographic group of Facebook users is made up of men ages 25–34. 13% of active Facebook users are women ages 25–34, and broken down into gender and age categories, Statista found that the highest concentration of Facebook users were ages 18–44. If your target audience is in this age range, you need to be running ads on Facebook.
5. 96% of Facebook users access it on mobile. An overwhelming majority of Facebook users have accessed the network via tablet or smartphone. It’s imperative to your marketing efforts that your ads and organic posts are mobile optimized.
6. The average cost per click (CPC) for a Facebook ad is $1.72. This number changes across industries so be sure to check on your industry’s averages before setting $1.72 as your benchmark cost.
7. Our average cost per click in 2019 was 17 cents per click.
No lie. So…who’s running your Facebook ads in 2020? Get in touch with us.